IMAGE PROCESSING 2016-2017
Image Processing 2016-2017
- Digital image processing deals with manipulation of digital images through a digital computer. It is a subfield of signals and systems but focus particularly on images.
- DIP focuses on developing a computer system that is able to perform processing on an image. The input of that system is a digital image and the system process that image using efficient algorithms, and gives an image as an output.
- The most common example is Adobe Photoshop. It is one of the widely used application for processing digital images.
- Since DIP is a subfield of signals and systems , so it would be good if you already have some knowledge about signals and systems , but it is not necessary. But you must have some basic concepts of digital electronics.
- Basic understanding of calculus , probability and differential equations is also required for better understanding.