+91 9751800789 / 9500533042
Parallel and Distributed Computing Projects 2013 - 2014
Parallel and Distributed Computing Projects List
- Parallel computing deals with the development of programs where multiple concurrent processes cooperate in the fulfillment of a common task.
- Distributed computing deals with the development of applications that execute on different computers interconnected by networks.
- Distributed computing in local networks is also called cluster computing while in wide-area networks we nowadays talk about grid computing. In the World Wide Web, web services implement globally distributed applications.
- A distributed system is a network of autonomous computers that communicate with each other in order to achieve a goal.
- The computers in a distributed system are independent and do not physically share memory or processors.
- They communicate with each other using messages, pieces of information transferred from one computer to another over a network.
- Messages can communicate many things: computers can tell other computers to execute a procedures with particular arguments, they can send and receive packets of data, or send signals that tell other computers to behave a certain way.