Cloud Computing Project 2013-2014
1. Cloud computing is a general term for the delivery of hosted services over the Internet. Cloud computing enables companies to consume compute resources as a utility -- just like electricity -- rather than having to build and maintain computing infrastructures in-house.
2. Cloud computing promises several attractive benefits for businesses and end users.
3. Self-service provisioning: End users can spin up computing resources for almost any type of workload on-demand.
4. Elasticity: Companies can scale up as computing needs increase and then scale down again as demands decrease.
5. Pay per use: Computing resources are measured at a granular level, allowing users to pay only for the resources and workloads they use.